Effective June 8, 2019, the Financial Services Regulatory Authority (FSRA) will assume the regulatory functions of the Financial Services Commission of Ontario (FSCO) and the Deposit Insurance Corporation of Ontario (DICO). FSRA is in the process of moving content from this website to Visit for updates.

Corporate Insurance Agencies and Partnerships Licensed in Ontario

Full Listing

The Financial Services Commission of Ontario issues licences authorizing corporations and partnerships to conduct business as insurance agencies. There are two classes of agency licences:

1) Life, (includes Accident & Sickness);

2) Other Than Life, (General insurance or Accident & Sickness).

Corporations may be licensed for one or both classes. A licence is issued for a two year term. A business which acts as an insurance agency without being licensed is guilty of a violation under the Insurance Act, and may be prosecuted for such violation.

A copy of the Business Registration or Articles of Incorporation, registered with Ministry of Government Services, must accompany all applications for licensing, submitted to the Commission.

This listing contains a record of all corporate insurance agencies and partnerships which currently hold an active licence or whose licence has expired within the last three months. The listing is for information purposes only. Further verification can be obtained by faxing 416-590-8472, Attention: Licensing & Market Conduct Division or you may write to: Financial Services Commission of Ontario, Licensing & Market Conduct Division, 5160 Yonge Street, Box 85, Toronto, Ontario M2N 6L9.

Please report any errors or discrepancies by faxing or writing to the above addresses. Information regarding any person/organization claiming to be an insurance agency not listed here, should also be reported.

Corporations, selling property and casualty insurance may be licensed by either the Financial Services Commission of Ontario, as general insurance agencies, or by Registered Insurance Brokers of Ontario (RIBO), as general insurance brokerages. RIBO is responsible for licensing property and casualty insurance brokerages in Ontario.To initiate a RIBO search, select the link to Registered Insurance Brokers of Ontario, below. For information on RIBO, please visit

Corporate Agency Search
Agency ID:
Agency Name: